Monday, September 25, 2017

Going Strong!

Well, it's been almost ten months since I started Keto and I couldn't be more pleased with the progress. With trip back to my hometown on top of moving in August, I kind of fell of the wagon a little. It wasn't really a big deal. I know that some people are almost militant about going off keto, but damn it, this is life and I am not going to confine myself to never having a piece of cake again. The same thing for traveling. While I don't intend to just throw caution to the wind, if I go somewhere and there is the opportunity to try something that I may never again in my life get to try...hell yeah I'm gonna try it.

So, I've gotten back on track and have even been trying out extended fasting periods to help my body break down and get rid of old, not fully functional cells, and also to keep trying to heal my insulin resistance. The first week I fasted 24 hours. The next, 48. Then last week I fasted 67. I was having a really bad day the last day and couldn't decide if I wanted to eat or not, but my emotional eating tendencies won out and I ended up eating.

But I ate a bunch of grease and felt sick.

Lesson learned.

For many years I have had a closet full of clothes that I cannot, for the most part, wear, but I have been able to start getting rid of a ton of clothes! And there is so much that I cant start wearing now, it's like going shopping in my closet! I'm not quite back down to the size that the majority of my clothes are at yet, so to bridge the gap, I signed up for Gwynnie Bee.

 I love it! I get to try all kinds of different brands and styles and send them back. I don't have to launder them, and it's so much fun to go "shopping" on the website! And, if there is something I want to keep, I can purchase it for a pretty good discount. If you want to try it for a month free, click here!

Some of my favorite brands so far are Kiyonna, Igigi, and Isabel + Alice.

I have lost a lot of pounds, but in July the inches finally started coming off, and I marvel at how small I feel. Then I look in the mirror and realize I have a long way to go. But I'm still ecstatic with my progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment