Saturday, January 7, 2017

One Week Down

Well, I completed my first week and I have to say that I am pleased with myself. I am struggling a little to get my carbs down to where they truly are in the keto range (no higher than 20), but I have been staying around 2000 calories, and sometimes having a hard time even getting that many. But, as I had planned, I am transitioning.

It is a process and I am making progress.

Day 1 my goal was to record everything I ate and to stay within my WeightWatchers points. I did this, though I ended up with 196 carbs (but 24 of those were fiber).

Day 2 I started trying to reduce my carbs. I ended up wth 131 carbs (14 fiber) because I didn't want to let the last bagel I had just sit there and get yucky. (It was 54 carbs!!! Shozbot!)

Day 3 was an improvement with 79 carbs (13 fiber).

Day 4 was better still with 54 carbs (7 fiber) and I also learned on that day that Firehouse subs will make you a sub with no bread! I got a large New York Steamer and with the bun it would have been a whopping 1100 calories, but sans bun (and no mustard, yuck!) it was only 560. And it was sooo yummy!

Day 5 was okay, but we were in kind of a pinch at dinner and I had a (very small) baked potato. I ended up with 83 carbs (13 fiber).

Day 6 was good! I had 43 carbs and 10 fiber. I also ended up with only about 1500 calories. I was also very proud of myself because I went out to a Chinese buffet and I stuck to proteins and veggies. AND I was satisfied with it. I didn't compromise my goals by giving in and eating all the breaded stuff.

I've been feeling so much better. I haven't been overheated and having to pee all the time (symptoms of high blood sugar), and I feel much less stuffed into my skin. I took a fasting blood sugar today and it was 225, which is still high, but it is down considerably from the 288 of last week. It will help that I  was finally able to get a refill of my Metformin (lots of issues transferring the prescription to a new pharmacy...).

I was hoping to have a nice little weight loss as a reward, but I actually went up .8 lbs. Well, I'll focus on the fact that I feel like I've lost weight, and just feel better in general.

Week one...success!



No comments:

Post a Comment