Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017

Welcome 2017!

Well, the last couple years have been pretty rough, and without going into details, I'll just say that I find my health in a not so great place. Last spring I found out that my thyroid had become under active so I had to start taking Synthroid  for that. That has also made it really hard for me to lose weight.

So, January 1, I find myself the heaviest I have ever been, with my blood sugar in not great control, partially because I lost my insurance and can't afford some of my medications. I've gotten fed up with myself and my health and have been doing a lot of research. I have discovered the diet that I think will be the best for me, and will allow me to help my various health conditions (PCOS, Psoriasis, Insulin Resistance, Sleep Apnea)

So, today I embarking on a major lifestyle change. I have decided to follow the Keto diet. This will allow me to quickly start losing weight, get my blood sugar in control, which will help balance my hormones and losing weight will help the apnea.

I hope that by sharing my journey I can encourage you and that you can learn from my failures and successes.

So here is where I am starting:

Day 1, 426 lbs

My goal for day one was to simply track everything I ate and try to keep within my WW points. I've done really well with that. My goal for the next two weeks is to step down the number of carbs I am eating. Starting week 3 I will be following the keto diet strictly. I'm hoping that within about 6 months I can start backing off on my meds.

Here we go!



No comments:

Post a Comment