Saturday, January 28, 2017

Branching Out

Well, I just finished week four of my keto diet. I lost 5 pounds this week and have lost 1.4 % body fat. Woot woot!

So far, I am not doing too badly finding things to eat, but I'm needing to branch out a little--protein can get a little boring. I ordered a keto cookbook yesterday and I am hoping that will give me some more options. There are some condiment recipes, smoothies, snacks, desserts, and main dishes. It's called the Bacon and Butter Cookbook. I'll keep you up to date on what the recipes are like.

I also have a bunch of recipes on Pinterest! So far I have tried:

Keto friendly Doritos, or Dorketos--these are easy to make and pretty satisfying. I personally will add a slight bit more taco seasoning next time.

Keto Lasgna--OMG! This is sooooooooooooo good. I used 4% cottage cheese instead of ricotta because I had it, and next time I will sweat the zucchini so that there won't be as much extra liquid. You can't tell that it is zucchini not pasta!

Avocado Bacon and Eggs--This is one of my new favorite breakfasts! You need a big hole in the avo so that the egg will fit. I recommend putting the avo in a muffin tin (greased or else the spilled over egg will stick really bad!), or a bowl if you have Corelle dishes.

Cheesy Zucchini--This was the first of my Pinterest recipes that I tried.  We doubled the sauce because we thought there was more zucchini than there was (it cooks down). It was really cheesy and yummy, and then we started making it with other veggies too!

Low Carb Taco Soup--The soup was really good. A nice bit of spice and very creamy. Yum, yum, yum!


Stay tuned for more deliciousness!


No comments:

Post a Comment